Deerfield’s Haden Hall offers 62 apartments, and a beautiful fourth floor dining venue with sweeping long range views of the northeast mountains (and on a clear day, a view of the legendary Biltmore Estate). Each of the assisted living suites contains a living room, bedroom, efficiency kitchen with refrigerator, sink and microwave oven, and a fully handicapped-accessible bathroom. Residents bring their own furniture, pictures and plants. Light and airy, with 9-foot ceilings, the suites offer freedom from maintaining a household, but retain the feeling of a home. Residents in assisted living receive help with bathing, dressing and monitoring of medications as needed.
Assisted Living Features
Residents in Haden Hall, Deerfield’s health care facility, receive help with bathing, dressing and monitoring of medications as needed. Assisted living offers residents a beautiful dining facility where three meals are served daily. There’s a full activity calendar, including shopping, dining at local restaurants, bridge, stretch aerobics and classes in the aquatic center. Residents enjoy a beautiful secure outdoor garden space, and the kind of dedicated care that Deerfield has been known for over the last half-century.
Deerfield’s Wellness Center houses a specially designed area for physical, occupational, aquatic and speech therapies. Residents enjoy the convenience of being able to work with licensed trained therapists on site.
The Aquatic Center houses a warm water therapy pool, as well as a lap-swimming pool.
Services and amenities provided for residents in the assisted living facilities include:
- 24 hour on-site security
- Innovative Health Care Chapel, with full-time chaplain program
- Health and Wellness Center
- Aquatic Center
- Riverwalk Spa
- Utilities, except for telephone and cable TV
- Linen service
- Full service banking on site
- Gift Shop/convenience store on site
- Beauty/barber shop
- Manicurist, pedicurist
- Prescription medication oversight
- Personal laundry services
- Computer center
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment and aerobics facilities
- Medical Director / on site physician services
- Wanderguard® system
- Spacious, separate dining rooms and common areas for Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing
- Physical therapy
- Flexibility of residence design, allowing couples to live together in assisted living
- Deerfield resident volunteers who connect residents to life in the greater Deerfield community
- Three meals a day
- Housekeeping and maintenance of residence
- Appropriate, planned activities
(Some services may incur additional fees)
Because Deerfield is a continuing care retirement community with Life Care, an independent resident transferring to Haden Hall continues to pay the same monthly rate as in the apartment or cottage. The resident has to pay only for the additional two meals per day during the stay in any level of care in the Deerfield health center and any ancillary health care services not included in the monthly fee. Upgraded accommodations in health care and assisted living are available at an additional charge.
Direct Admission into Health Care
Deerfield accepts direct admissions into both the Assisted Living Center and the Skilled Nursing Center, but only if there is space available without jeopardizing the needs of Deerfield’s residents. Such admissions are subject to the current fees for health care and are not qualified for Life Care. Residents desiring direct admission to the health center follow the stated admissions procedures for residency applicants.