The Asheville area continues to top “best of” lists by publications and organizations around the country. The city has been recognized for its food, beer, arts and craft, music, outdoor recreation, architecture and overall quality of life. Who wouldn’t want to live in Asheville?
Recent accolades range from the designation of “Most Hospitable City” by Airbnb, and Lonely Planet’s article naming Asheville “America’s Next Major Music City,” to recognition for the Asheville area arts community, outdoor adventures, cuisine, organic and vegetarian eats, and much more.
Recent recognition includes:
- Top 10 “Best Places to Retire in the U.S. 2020-2021” (U.S. News & World Report)
- “Top 15 Cities in the U.S.” (Travel + Leisure, July 2020)
- Top U.S. Foodie Destinations of 2020 (Yelp, January, 2020)
- One of the “Best Craft Beer Cities in the U.S. (Travel + Leisure, October 2019)
- One of the “9 Best Mountain Towns” in the U.S.” (Jetsetter, August 2019)
- Why Asheville is America’s Next Major Music City (Lonely Planet, January 2019)
- #1 Foodie City in the World” (Global Traveler, 2018)
- #1 Most Hospitable City in the U.S.” (Airbnb, 2018)
- One of “Top 10 Music Cities in the U.S.” (National Geographic Traveler, 2018)
- One of “Top 15 Cities in the U.S.” (Condé Nast Traveler, 2018)
“After 22 years of living on the coast of Maine, our move to Deerfield and Asheville has shown that the Blue Ridge mountains are every bit as stunning and we have taken advantage of all the fun roads to drive and beautiful nearby areas to visit.”Gordon & Judy