Remaining active while staying at home is extremely important. We hope these tips will help you become more active with an exercise routine that works for you.
1. Sit Less – While you are spending extra time at home, do all that you can to sit less by taking a walk or working in your garden.
2. Make a “Move List” – This technique helps you reach move goals each day by adding activities to your daily schedule. For instance, take a morning walk or hike, do some yard work or play your favorite song and dance.
3. Mix It Up – Variety is the spice of life! Seniors should focus on four types of exercise: endurance, strength, balance and flexibility.
Endurance will make climbing stairs or dancing easier.
Strength makes lifting groceries or carrying grandchildren easier.
Balance will help prevent falls and injuries.
Flexibility makes every day tasks like getting dressed or driving easier.
4. Develop an Exercise Routine – Speak with your doctor before increasing your activity level. Next, make a list of fitness goals and prepare an exercise plan. This will make you accountable and help you maintain an active lifestyle.
5. Overcome Excuses – It is important to make time for yourself and your health. Physical activity can help reduce fatigue as well as help you to feel less anxious and stressed.
To read the entire article on Exercise for Seniors from Provision Healthcare, click here: https://provisionhealthcare.com/2020/05/27/exercise-for-seniors-staying-active-during-coronavirus-pandemic/