Special Shift (see below)
Saturday and Sunday
6:30 AM-4:30 PM
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform minor repairs to plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning systems.
- Perform minor preventative maintenance tasks according to the predetermined schedule.
- Maintain required services and repair records.
- Assist others and perform the repairs, alteration or renovation of buildings.
- Assist others and perform diagnosis and/or the correction of mechanical systems and equipment malfunctions.
- Perform routine maintenance or renovation tasks to include, but not limited to, installation and repair of tile, curtain rods, blinds, doors, windows, cupboards, locksets, sinks, faucets, water closets and minor appliances; hanging pictures; removing worn carpet, painting, etc..
- Report any maintenance deficiencies to the maintenance supervisor or director.
- Assists others with snow and ice removal when necessary.
- Participate in the loading, transportation and unloading of equipment and supplies.
- Assist others in relocating facility or resident possessions and furnishings.
- Perform minor light fixture repairs and replaces light bulbs.
Safety and Sanitation
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precaution practices when performing maintenance procedures.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor.
- Maintain fire protection and prevention programs in accordance with our fire safety policies and procedures.
- Clean Maintenance Shop on a regular basis.
- Assure equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of a shift.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be a minimum of nineteen (19) years of age.
- Must be knowledgeable of security practices and procedures in the long-term care facility.
- Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise non-professional personnel.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the Maintenance Department.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of work areas.
- Must have patience, tact a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing security practices.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in Maintenance.