Must have CDL driver license. Will include weekends. Bus and or motor coach driving experience preferred.
CDL Driver Part time
1 -2 outings per week
28 passenger Bus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Resident Life Driver ensures that all residents who live at Deerfield have their transportation needs met, either through arranging and/or transporting the resident(s) to medical appointments and scheduled outings. Under the direction of the Director of Resident Life and supervision by the Resident Life Coordinator, the driver for Independent Activities will drive for and assist in outings as planned by the RL Coordinator.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Basic skills: dependability, punctuality, enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Interpersonal skills: sensitivity to needs and abilities of Residents.
- Physical Demands: performance of a medium level of physical work, pushing, lifting, bending, etc.
- Must have a current NC Driver’s License that is without restrictions related to traffic violations.
- Proficient in assisting with Lifts of wheel chairs and motorized chairs.
- May be certified in CPR; however this is not a requirement.
- Must be able to multitask and perform well under stress.
- Must be able to assist in emergency situations related to resident and staff safety in a designated capacity.
- Must practice dependable, regular attendance.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. floor to waist; lift 10 lbs. waist to shoulder; lift and carry 40 lbs.; and push/pull 40 lbs.
- Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community - An Independent Non-Profit Community
- Celebrating over 60 years of caring for our residents in Asheville!
Why is Deerfield the best place to work? Simple! We treat our residents like family!
Get to know our residents and celebrate life with them.
Our 650 resident facility with 62 bed assisted care and 62 bed skilled care is looking for the best!
Clean, immaculate retirement community with our prided 5 star rating.
- Best healthcare insurance in the industry with the lowest deductibles.
- Wonderful TEAM atmosphere! Work together, help one another!
- Residents interested in YOUR growth!
- Continued education benefits available after one year of employment.
- PTO benefits after first 90 days.
- Management that treats you like family!
- Competitive wages.
Apply today or come by our community center to fill out an application.
Located at: 1617 Hendersonville Road Asheville, NC 28803